Welcome to Sense of Taste 2023 Wrapped, your ultimate guide to the most delectable and sought-after flavours of the year. From the finest wines to exquisite champagnes and an array of your favourite spirits that have captured hearts and palates, this comprehensive recap is a celebration of your choices. Join us as we unveil the top products and categories as chosen by you! Cheers to a year of exquisite tastes and unforgettable moments!
Top Products of the Year
This year we've seen a variety of different products march their way up the rankings as Sense of Taste's most-loved products! As always, it seems our Champagne and wines have come away with the title of top selling products.
10. Piper-Heidsieck Cuvée Brut - This Cuvée has a blend of more than 100 crus sourced from 3 grape varieties of Champagne. Known as fresh, elegant and harmonious Piper-Heidsieck is a Champagne worth noting.
9. Taylors Estate Shiraz - Australian's love their Shiraz and this Shiraz from the Limestone Coast in the Clare Valley has shown it's a red worth remembering. Taylors Estate Shiraz was awarded the International Champion at the 20th annual VINUS International Wines and Spirits Competition in Argentina. This wine received an amazing 100-point rating from the judges. The best part? You can get this bottle for just $23.99!
Images: Piper-Heidsieck Instagram, Taylors Wines Instagram
8. Bollinger Special Cuvée - Some Champagne's never go out of style, and Bollinger Special Cuvée is the perfect example of this. Special Cuvée is crafted from a precise blend of diverse harvests and crucial reserve wines, shaping its distinct structure and solidifying its status as a hallmark of the Bollinger style.
7. G.H.Mumm Champagne - Coming in at seventh place, we have the Maison Mumm House. G.H.Mumm Champagne is a beautifully presented Champagne in an iconic bottle that pays homage to the Legion of Honour since 1876.
6. AIX Rosé - Taking the Rosé world by storm is AIX Rosé. Crafted with love, passion, and pride, AIX Rosé exudes elegance, generosity, and delightful flavours, we were excited to have this elegant Rosé take out sixth place.
Images: Maison Mumm Instagram, AIX Rosé Instagram
5. Shaw & Smith Sauvignon Blanc - This white wine has always been a shining star when it comes to our most-loved products. Rated 93 by our Sense of Taste tasting panel, Shaw & Smith Sauvignon Blanc is delightfully fresh, lively and flavoursome. Definitely a must-have this summer.
4. Taylors Jaraman Chardonnay - Shoutout to Taylors for having a second wine feature in our top 10 products. Starting the year off with a bang Taylors Jaraman Chardonnay took home the trophy for Best of Show Australian White at the MUNDUS VINI Grand International Wine Awards. This chardonnay is blend of 58%/42% blend of Adeliade Hills and Clare Valley fruit.
3. La Vieille Ferme Rosé - Drum roll please, coming in at number three we have the best value money can buy. La Vieille Ferme Rosé is fresh, fruity and coloured - all the elements of a top selling Rosé. This one flies off the shelves so it's no wonder it's taken out our third spot.
2. Pommery Brut Royal Champagne - With a strong run of Champagnes in our top 10, Pommery has snatched up second place. This Champagne is elegant and lively, with small assertive notes of red fruits, this is a Champagne that has a clean taste with no dryness. Enjoy an exceptionally velvety wine that maintains its presence on the palate.
1. Fat Bastard Chardonnay - Our top selling product of 2023 as chosen by you, is Fat Bastard Chardonnay. With a rich blend of grilled pineapple, spiced butterscotch, and vibrant peach and apricot flavours this Chardonnay is a must-try. Enhanced with macadamia and almond meal notes, its bright acidity brings lively freshness to this full-bodied delight. Get yours for as little as $12.99 in a 12-bottle buy!
Image: Fat Bastard Instagram
While Champagne and wines dominate our top 10 products of the year, our spirits make a significant impact when it comes to the top categories of the year.
Top Categories of the Year
5. American Whiskey - Our standouts of the year include Booker's, Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Michter's and Willett.
4. Shiraz - Shoutout to our Shiraz lovers, our top reds from this category include Taylors, Brockenchack, Hardys, Wirra Wirra and St Hallett.
3. Japanese Whisky - It was a phenomenal year for Japanese Whisky! With the want for Japanese whiskies skyrocketing, we were able to release a large amount of different Japanese whiskies for you to shop. Top brands include Nikka From The Barrel, Hibiki and Yamazaki.
2. Champagne - There's nothing better than a glass of bubbles, our top Champagne brands of the year include Pommery, G.H.Mumm, Bollinger and Piper-Heidsieck.
1. Scotch - Taking out our top category of the year we have Scotch, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Shoutout to our top brands including Lagavulin, Macallan, Glenmorangie, Bruichladdich, Glendronach and Johnnie Walker. You've earned this one.
Images: House of Suntory Instagram, The Macallan Instagram
2024 will see new products, brands, promotions and more join us online at Sense of Taste. If you like what you see now, you haven't seen anything yet. From the entire team at Sense of Taste, we'd like to wish you a Happy New Year. Start the new year off with your favourite drinks all available at Sense of Taste in-store and online.
Shop online at Sense of Taste now!